Blennd is looking for a Web Developer to join our team of high-skilled developers in building custom, award-winning websites and digital solutions. You will have an opportunity to build best in-class web experiences; developing creative solutions and advanced programming concepts to build high-quality, cutting-edge websites. Our ideal candidate has demonstrated technical and problem-solving skills, a passion for technology, and strong leadership qualities.
- Translate custom designs into functional, responsive, cross browser compatible web experiences within WordPress and other CMS platforms.
- Lead large-scale development projects including planning and estimates, coordinating with project teams and executing with limited guidance
- Participate in and facilitate growth within our web development team to build flexible, scalable, and maintainable websites and solutions
- Provide strategic insights and reviews of design solutions prior to development
- Handle version control (Git) and continuous integration deployments of code between development, staging, and production environments
- Participate in code reviews to instill the highest of code quality, ensure best practices, and own the continuous improvement of yourself and the team
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, techniques, and innovations in development
- Implement best practices for semantic markup and execution of browser code execution within our applications in order to support SEO and site performance metrics
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Bachelor’s preferred)
- 3+ years experience as a Web Developer in a professional work environment
- Expert in WordPress
- Creating custom WordPress themes and plugins is required
- E-Commerce (Shopify & WooCommerce)
- Highly Proficient with Advanced Custom Fields Plugin
- Able to create Gutenberg blocks with React
- Ability to work with REST APIs, Ajax and JSON
- Ability to develop responsive websites with a mobile-first approach
- Strong computer science fundamentals (Object Oriented Programming)
- Experience building and maintaining E-Commerce websites with a streamlined checkout process
- A track record of writing code that is clean, understandable, cross browser and cross device compatible
- Server config experience a plus
- Professional level knowledge of industry standard design software and tools pertaining to development usage such as inspecting designs, saving assets, etc.
- Multitasking & Time Management skills a must
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Highly communicative with the ability to coordinate between account and development teams
- Able to work independently
- Experienced with communicating with clients directly
- Eager and motivated to learn new concepts
- A team player in a collaborative environment
- Highly organized with attention to detail and consistency
- Ability to be a self-starter & Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and improve skills
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Experience working in Figma a plus
- Matched retirement account (salaried employees).
- Health insurance (salaried employees).
- Flexible vacation / time-off.
- Conference and career development allowance.
- Fun, collaborative work environment in RiNo.
- Hybrid in-office / remote working environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Quarterly team building events and activities.
- Ergonomic workstations and in-office lounge areas.
- On-site gym and pool access.
- Free parking.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $90,000/year. Salary may be negotiable based on experience. The minimum salary does not include any other pay elements in which this position may be eligible.
HYBRID WORKPLACE UPDATE
Blennd is currently in a hybrid / flexible working model. At this time we are seeking Denver-based candidates who are able to work on-site 2-3 days per week in our downtown Denver office. Interviews may be done virtually or in person at our office. This working scenario may change and is flexible based on candidate preferences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
**THIS IS A FULL-TIME SALARIED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY. WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AT THIS TIME**