As a Product Manager at Derive Systems, you will be a critical member of the Product & Design team focused on creating engaging, intuitive B2B products. You will be working on products our customers use every day to reduce emissions, ensure safe driver behavior and reduce operational costs. Our purpose is to empower our customers to take control of their vehicles. This role will include responsibilities for products built in-house as well as 3rd party products we will enhance and resell.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record of developing software products as part of a cross-functional agile team. You should possess a blend of business, design and technical savvy. You will be able to flex between understanding B2B and consumer-level needs.
As a Product Manager at Derive, you’ll be responsible for:
- Becoming the subject matter expert for the market and customers in the Enterprise Fleet space
- Identifying market needs for current and future products by conducting ongoing market research
- Understand the “why” behind customer requests and pain points to derive and build solutions
- Managing the end-to-end product lifecycle for products built at Derive or that we resell from our partners
- Managing creation and maintenance of product roadmaps, feature prioritization, epics, and stories
- Providing well-defined and prioritized requirements/user stories to enable our engineers to build and test against
- Actively participating in and facilitating Agile ceremonies: daily scrums, story grooming/refinement, sprint planning, stakeholder demos, and retrospectives
- Reporting on product metrics that can quantitatively inform our product strategy
- Working with design to conduct ongoing user research to gain qualitative insights into our product strategy while forging lasting relationship with key customers
- Collaborating with Development, QA, Customer Success and other members of the Product & Design team to ensure continuous feedback while ensuring backlogs are representative of both the business and technical teams’ needs
- Collaborating with Marketing and Sales on the development of market-facing communication materials and conducting product feature training
Your Background / Experience:
- 5+ years of product management experience in an Agile environment
- Experience dealing with reselling white-label products from 3rd parties and identifying areas we can add value to these products
- Prior experience managing all aspects of a B2B SaaS product preferred
- Prior experience with IoT, cloud-based services
- Experience with selling APIs as a product
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative product research
- Leadership competencies including influencing, negotiation, and ability to drive focus
- Ability to develop product strategies and communicate recommendations to management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to occasionally travel to customer sites and trade shows
- Understanding of Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
This role can be based in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, NC, NM, OH, PA, TN, TX, or VA.
This position is eligible to participate in a bonus plan, medical, dental, disability, unlimited paid time off, and 401(k) plans. Derive Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local laws. Colorado's 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires an estimated base range for this position: $115,000 - $135,000/year. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on requirements of the job and your skills. This posted range is a good faith and reasonable estimate. Derive Systems reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.