About Us: Caliola Engineering is a woman-owned small business that is advancing today’s technology to solve tomorrow’s communications challenges. Our mission is to provide superior technical products and services to enable assured, secure communications for austere environments. Our core values are:
I3 for C3 – Innovation, Insight, and Integrity for Command, Control, and Communications
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and inclusive team that is solving tough problems.
Caliola offers a flexible, collaborative, and open culture that is unique in the defense industry. We offer generous benefits, including subsidized health insurance and 401(k) matching, and a scalable, competitive pay structure.
Joining Caliola will give you the opportunity to learn from experienced technical leaders in the field, as well as defense domain experts with decades of knowledge and broad access. Our success depends on not just knowing how to solve today’s problems, but on anticipating the problems that our customers will need solved tomorrow.
Position Description: Since July 2019, we have developed a broad portfolio of technology across three product verticals: (i) automated mission planning; (ii) secure networking (OverKey®); and (iii) communications waveforms. We have already transitioned elements of our waveform portfolio to larger programs. We seek a Director of DoD Business Development with the vision to build a sustainable engineering services businesses that leverages our broad technology portfolio, our visibility as a Space Force Pitch Day winner, and our sole-source contract vehicles.
We are looking for teammates that share a passion for the creative application and development of wireless technologies to bring information more securely and promptly to warfighters and first responders.
*Position Responsibilities: *
- *Build on Caliola’s existing relationships with several Prime Contractors to identify and capture additional subcontracting opportunities that align with our core product verticals. *
- *Identify strategic alliances, teammates, and partners for key pursuit opportunities. Continue those relationships through contract award and program execution. *
- *Work with Caliola’s CEO and Chief Scientist to capture new DoD business opportunities that leverage our technology portfolio, subject matter expertise, and sole-source contract vehicles. *
- *Participate in relevant trade shows and industry days to anticipate customer strategies and objectives. *
- *Travel required to facilitate strong customer and user community engagement. *
*Position Competencies: *
- *Demonstrated track record of capturing $2M+ contracts from the DoD and/or its Prime Contractors. *
- *Practical understanding of SBIR Phase III technology transition to DoD Programs of Record. *
- *Solid understanding of service/agency needs and requirements and contracting strategies. *
- *Strong leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communications and relationship-building skills. *
- *Experience using CRM to manage a portfolio of leads, opportunities, and accounts. *
*Required Qualifications: *
- *BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline with 10+ years relevant experience. *
- *Active security clearance required. *
Director of DoD Business Development
- 5+ years of recent experience with DoD opportunity capture.
- MBA or equivalent experience.
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities at Caliola Engineering. Should a match be identified between your skillset and Caliola’s requirements for this or a future opening, you may be contacted.
Flexible Work Schedule and Location: Caliola supports a variety of alternate full-time work schedules and has fully remote employees. Fully remote employment is available for this position.
Relocation Available: Yes
At Caliola, we believe that true innovation can only occur when teammates bring their authentic selves to collaborate in a supportive, encouraging environment. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.