About the role
Finder is THRILLED to be launching our Denver tech hub! We've got an exciting app launch in the pipeline, and we're in the process of building a dream team of technical talent to execute our vision. That's where you come in.
Working closely with the product management, design and engineering teams, you will be a subject and domain expert for the design and assembly of new technology, components, capabilities, and products that grow Finder’s capabilities.
A natural problem-solver, you will work alongside fellow Engineers, your Engineering Lead, Principal, and Product Manager creating solutions. You will act as a force multiplier, exemplifying high productivity, setting the standard as an inspiration for your team. You will champion and embody great software engineering principles to deliver a better experience for our users, and an engaging technology-led engineering environment.
- 20 days PTO / 5 days sick leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Catered lunch
- Flexible hours and work from home
- $2,000 annual personal professional development budget
- The proposed salary for this role is $115,000 - $160,000, negotiable depending on experience
- Contribute to the Finder App and related infrastructure through the duration of sprint cycles.
- Continuously work to iterate and improve code so that it’s in a better place than it was left previously.
- Review code from other team members, providing constructive, actionable feedback that represents Finder’s engineering standards.
- Play a critical role in creating architectural designs and diagrams for future services
- Work with your teammates, engaging in discussions around the product development of the Finder App from an engineering lens, questioning decisions, and providing your viewpoint to improve the overall product.
- Attend daily standups, biweekly backlog groomings (this may vary from team to team), retrospectives, and other agile rituals.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 6+ years experience in software engineering.
- Demonstrable leadership with a cross-disciplinary delivery team including Software Engineers, Product Managers and Designers.
- Experience working across the stack to deliver an outcome, including working with Node.JS, Typescript, React, React Native, MySQL or GraphQL (not all are required).
- Experience writing well-thought out unit tests that provide coverage in between feature updates and fixes.
- Experience working from an MVP through to launch and Scale.
- Expertise in Agile development methodologies.
- Excellence in architectural design; including SOA, Microservice architectures, messaging and event processing.
- Continuous integration, deployment, and delivery practices.
- Great communication, and a genuine desire to help the team work better together with a healthy dose of fun.
Nice to have
- Experience working with team members and stakeholders in different time zones.
- Demonstrable security, regulation, compliance, and auditing expertise.
- DevOps and networking experience; including monitoring, alerting, and support.
- App design.
- Crypto-currency passion and/or experience.
- Security concepts and certification experience including SOC-2, PCI, or ISO27001.
This is not a checklist of requirements, don’t worry if you don’t satisfy all, we’d still love to talk!
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your resume.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. _
_We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email email@example.com with any questions or feedback.