The VP of Product Monetization reports to the Chief Product Officer.
- Define and execute product led growth strategies and tactics to maximize monetization of the GitLab product. Work cross-functionally across GitLab to ensure shared and clear priorities, and excellent execution against priorities. Specific areas of ownership include:
- Growth Product Management. Leverage experimentation tactics to improve free-to-paid conversion rates and net retention rates.
- Fulfillment Product Management. Ensure a world class purchasing experience for GitLab customers, and drive towards 100% of sales transactions flowing through automated fulfillment systems.
- Pricing. Drive pricing and packaging improvements to increase Average Selling Price and Average Revenue Per User.
- Align with Sales & Marketing leadership on the ideal customer acquisition paths for our various sales segments, and then build out a world class user experience to support those acquisition paths
- Ensure unified priorities across Growth, Pricing, and Fulfillment
- Leverage data analytics and generate insights to uncover the highest monetization priorities
- Partner with the Product Intelligence and Data teams to ensure the product usage data set is sufficient to drive high priority monetization projects
- Partner with Growth engineering to increase our ability to run experiments to one experiment per week per engineer
- 18 years+ of relevant experience, with 10+ years of people management experience, including management of Directors+
- Track record of leading products to successful commercial outcomes
- Demonstrated proficiency in product led growth, pricing, and self-service purchasing experience best practices
- Excellent at boardroom and big stage presentations, and able to inspire and motivate customers and employees through written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated ability to teach and coach the product management skills as outlined here
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Apply on the GitLab Jobs page
- 30 minute screening call with Recruiter
- 50 minute interview with Chief Product Officer
- 50 minute panel interview with the Director of Growth, Sr. Director of Pricing, Group Manager of Fulfillment, and Engineering Director of fulfillment and growth.
- 50 minute interview with CMO
- 50 minute interview with CRO
- 50 minute interview with CEO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Product Leadership is responsible for building the capacity and capability of their team and the groups they support to achieve:
- Their relevant Product Performance Indicators
- Our global Product KPIs
- Job satisfaction of the team members who report to them (as measured by annual employee engagement survey)
- Hiring versus plan and new hire location factor
- IACV attained by assigned use case as designated in Why GitLab of opportunity Command Plans (Dashboard).
In addition, some roles have role-specific activities and performance indicators.
- 1 per quarter adjacencies analysis for Stage OR
- 1 per quarter cross-stage opportunity canvas
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please join our talent community first. Once you've joined, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.