Good Buy Gear is the leading online marketplace for quality checked, secondhand and open box baby, toddler and kids gear. We’re reinventing how parents shop for their children by reducing consumerism and saving families time and money. We’re tackling this multi-billion dollar industry by putting parent’s needs first and are proud to give secondhand shopping the legitimacy and convenience it deserves to become a modern-day movement.
Working at Good Buy Gear feels like being on a high-functioning sports team. Everyone has an important and unique value to provide. Everyone knows their contributions have an impact. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company as we’re growing fast! The ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of scaling growth-stage businesses who is energized by working in a dynamic, exciting and fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Finance will be a strategic thinker and business partner who proactively leads a topnotch finance organization that will impact all aspects of the company. Deep understanding of ecommerce, the ability to effectively interact with all functions of the organization, and nimbly drive change in a meaningful way is critical to success in this role. The VP of Finance will advise on best practices within Finance, Accounting, Operations & Investment strategies. S/he will work closely with the CEO to lead, inspire our team to set and meet the company’s strategic objectives and annual business goals that will enable us to scale GBG to a billion dollar business.
- Partner with the leadership team to develop plans and assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy
- Enhance and monitor business unit KPIs on, for example: unit economics, CAC, profitability and overall metrics like operational productivity, marketing efficiency, revenue growth and retention, and margins to give business leaders the data they need to make better, well-informed operational decision
- Review monthly financials and quarterly management & investor reporting – analyzing financial results, updating forecasts, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages to senior functional leaders
- Work alongside the executive team to build finance capability and ability to achieve aggressive targets, in part through support of new market rollouts
- Develop business cases and deliver financial analyses for potential initiatives in the areas of product prioritization, take rate, real estate, strategic partnerships and others
- Assist and advise in areas of fundraising, M&A, due diligence, and cash management Advise on and support the implementation of the systems and processes that will help scale the organization – (revenue and billing tools, CRM, inventory management systems, etc.)
- Develop and manage relationships with outside partners /vendors – including CPA, legal counsel, banks, software, etc.
- Perform competitive and industry benchmarking and communicate takeaways
- Lead, coach and mentor Finance, Accounting, BI and HR staff
- Provide expertise and leadership in the areas of HR, legal, risk assessment, tax, treasury and audit
- Challenge thinking, provide direction, prioritize financial deliverables, and become a trusted adviser and impartial counsel
- Alignment with our mission and passionate about empowering the circular economy and reducing consumerism Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- 15+ years of broad financial experience supporting diverse teams and various lines of business, preferably as a Director or VP of Finance
- Experience raising venture capital for early stage companies
- Background in ecommerce, retail and/or operationally intensive business
- Ability to develop and deploy effective business models supported by financial assumptions and explain to others in non-financial terms
- Strong leadership abilities in managing and developing a high performing team
- Exceptional organizational dexterity – ability to interact nimbly across all levels within the organization
- Strategic perspective, excellent business judgment, deep analytical capabilities and a collaborative working style
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment where self-direction and initiative are the key to success
- Proven ability to lead by example and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done side by side with the team while maintaining the big picture vision.
- Incredible sense of organization and prone to structure building, but can successfully navigate a frequently changing work environment
- Super analytical mindset with the ability to keep digging until you have reached the best answer
- Familiarity with enterprise resource planning and accounting systems and BI tools (i.e Tableau) a plus
- Ninja like Excel skills
The estimated salary range for this position is $180,000-$245,000 annually plus equity. Actual compensation is commensurate with experience, skills, and education. Beyond cash compensation, we value work-life balance. You will have access to competitive PTO, parental leave and paid Holidays. We provide flexible schedules and workplace options. Benefits go above and beyond medical, dental, disability, and vision with additional options like a 401k plan, employer paid basic life insurance plan, monthly diaper subscription and discounts on all our Good Buys!
Good Buy Gear, Inc. is an inclusive workplace and values diversity in its team members. We give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and we make hiring decisions based on job related factors. Those with a subset of these requirements are encouraged to apply. We are looking for a flexible team player who can grow with the company and team! We do not discriminate based on any information on the application including race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status.
Good Buy Gear helps solve the frustration with waste, clutter and the never-ending costs associated with raising children. We’re building a community of Good Buy Gear Wingmoms to guide parents through the ages and stages of must-have childhood gear. Together, we help save time for the more important things in life.