Haul is building a labor marketplace that provides trucking companies in the US with a pool of vetted, on-demand truck drivers to operate their trucks.
Founded by Uber alumni and venture backed, Haul is looking to rethink the employment model of 3.5 million trucker drivers and support a $800 billion trucking industry in the United States.
Haul maintains office hubs in the Bay Area and Denver, CO.
About The Role
Our CEO is seeking a strategic thinker and operational doer who will solely concentrate on the most meaningful organizational focus areas. As Chief of Staff, you will report directly to the CEO of Haul. You will be a key member to the executive leadership team at Haul and be a collaborative partner across all functional areas of the business. You’ll have an up-to-the-minute pulse on each function of the business, ability to recall specific details at a moment's notice in order to keep the team aligned on our quarterly objectives and key results.
In this high-visibility role, you will partner with the CEO and the executive team to ensure effective decision-making, execution and communication strategies are deployed across the company. You will be a thought partner to the CEO and, at times, a delegate on their behalf.
Business Strategy & Operations:
- Serve as "internal consultant," review operations and craft and implement new processes to improve our quality and efficiency.
- Manage executive staff meetings including, but not limited to, setting the agenda, providing insights and analysis to inform strategic conversations and tracking follow through to increase accountability
- Create decks, models and materials to support investor relations, fundraising, and business development opportunities
- Coordinate executive-level operations, including OKRs and Board meeting prep
- Attend meetings and calls with the CEO and ensure execution of action-items and follow ups
- Build positive/productive working relationships with the CEO, Executive Leadership Team and organizational peers to facilitate organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and performance.
- Drive the seamless, cross-functional implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Work diligently to translate leadership vision into actionable/operational plans and partnerships, both internally and externally.
- work directly with the CEO to set the strategic direction and operational priorities of the Company and Executive team
- Partner with the Executive team to drive strategic planning
- Design and implement an organizational roadmap with the requisite strategic imperatives, operational plans, and organizational/infrastructural requirements needed to accelerate business progress and achievement of stated goals.
- Serve as a thought partner to the CEO, standing in during meetings and speaking on their behalf when necessary
- Make sure we're doing what we need to do as a company to stay a well-functioning business
- Proactively assess all areas of the business, including product strategy, strategic planning, financial planning, employee engagement to ensure competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- 5+ years in a fast-paced business or operations
- Work directly with the CEO and Founder to set the strategic direction and operational priorities of the Company and Executive team
- Exceptional communication (written + verbal), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Self-starter with a high desire to learn and grow
- Can-do attitude and enjoy working with cross-functional teams
- Experience working in a technology or technology-focused company with globally distributed, dynamic teams that have a passion to help customers!
- Experience working with internal facilities to increase internal image, attitude and brand
- High EQ with significant experience and comfort partnering with and influencing all levels of the organization
- Organization comes naturally to you and it excites you
- Low ego: no task is too small or "beneath you"
- Excellent decision making skills and critical thinking
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent practical experience
Nice To Haves
Prior Startup Experience
Benefits & Perks
📈 Stock options and competitive compensation package
🏝 Flexible personal time off
🩺 Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
🏦 Employer-sponsored 401k
Haul supports a "hybrid" office model where team members work in the company's offices for at least three days per week and elsewhere for the rest of the week.
For an all-remote position, we're putting a lot of thoughts on building an all-inclusive remote environment. Prioritizing documentation over verbal communication, asynchronous vs. in person.
You made it to the bottom!
The bottom line is we're a small team and we're onto something here. Send us a note and learn more!