A Chief of Staff to the CEO can mean many different things at different companies. What we're looking for is a super analytically minded, strategic doer who acts as a key resource and force multiplier to our CEO and CRO.
Our Chief of Staff will support key strategic analyses, internal and external stakeholder communication and organization, special projects and partnerships. In this role, will have the opportunity to support the development of results-oriented and action-driven recommendations to key business questions that support long-term growth and strategic decisions. Our ideal candidate is overwhelmingly curious, has a passion for solving business challenges, is a true self-started and has a background working in venture capital, management consulting, or with fast-growing startups.
In this role, you'll work directly with Havenly's CEO to:
- Provide decision support through research, analysis of information, scenario modeling, and clear presentation of considerations
- Consistently monitor health KPIs of our business with an eye towards seeing the strategic picture, uncovering areas of opportunity and driving improvement
- Monitor, report on, and assess critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace, and external business environment.
- Conduct meeting preparation and research: You will be responsible for providing research and insight for all CEO meetings, as well as defining agendas and preparing materials
- Prepare presentations for internal and external audiences. This will usually involve designing highly compelling presentations for company-wide meetings, board meetings, partner meetings and speaking engagements.
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; these could include presentations,, research tasks, financial modeling, internal Havenly initiatives, new market explorations, and more.
- Track progress against strategic objectives and flag status issues to executive leadership.
- Develop, author, and create presentations-- conceptualize, lead, analyze and present qualitative and quantitative plans.
- Understand and own data/analytics of all CEOs projects, identify data stories in the correct way, synthesize comprehensive information to tell a cohesive story
- Communicate updates to CEO in a clear, concise, organized and timely manner on agenda, projects, etc… to ensure no ball is dropped
- Do whatever needs to be done - Some tasks will be glitz and glam, some will be nitty-gritty. You must have a can-do/will-do attitude for this role.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years experience in venture capital, management consulting, investment banking or at a high growth startup preferred.
- Deep analytical skills, you can pull data, understand the story behind the data and continue to dive into data to solve problems, without direction.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight timelines and rapidly shifting priorities.
- Self-starter with an active sense of urgency and impeccable follow-through.
- Capable of managing stakeholder relationships across multiple functions internally and externally.
- Trustworthy and can keep sensitive information confidential at all times.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills - you can develop and deliver engaging presentations, and run efficient and productive meetings
- Are a highly analytical, strategic, and creative thinker with strong business acumen and modeling skills.
- No job should be too small, nor any problem too big to work through, particularly through collaboration with the team.
- A desire to work at Havenly because you have a passion for and believe in what we're doing and want to play a major role in our growth. We look forward to getting to know you!
With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested!
- This is a full-time exempt position headquartered in Denver, CO
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), company equity, 401K match, and Fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Targeted compensation range for this role: $90-140K/year, negotiable based upon experience.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome, and have equal opportunity to thrive.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and has equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.