Josh.ai is looking for a well-rounded team player who is passionate about Android app development and delivering exceptional user experiences. You will be implementing new Android features, improving performance, and building a unique user interface for the fast growing smart home market including voice control, AI, and IoT features. You will have an immediate impact on the Josh customer experience and our ability to bring joy to our customers’ homes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work within an autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to release new features in high velocity engineering environment.
- Lead Android app development, implementing features to bring the app to parity with our iOS app and web portal.
- Implement new features for our Android client, adhering to Android development best practices.
- Guide the team’s broader solutions in a way that makes sense for Android users and our codebase
- Take an active role in code reviews and collaborate on design and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- 3+ years of Android mobile application development.
- Published an Android application in the app store.
- Deep understanding of modern Android development.
- Dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Kotlin.
- Experienced with Android development tools and solid knowledge of the Android SDK.
- Passion for code quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- Ability to collaborate within and between cross-functional teams; excellent communication skills.
- Experience with software engineering best practices including unit testing, continuous integration, and source control.
- Experience with RxJava
- Passion for smart home, voice control and A.I. technologies.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Experience with Android UI design.
- Experience developing with WebSockets
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.