About the company
Joylab wants to help people smile. We hope to create enduring + beloved brands, build large + profitable businesses, and be a force for progress in the lives of our customers, teammates, suppliers, communities, and investors.
We’re aiming to do so by reimagining quick service restaurants ground up, with technology in mind. We seek to create a better experience for customers and associates, deliver superior, sustainable economics, and build loyalty in a differentiated way.
About the role
This is a unique, blank canvas opportunity. As a senior product designer, you’ll be the founding member of our design team and will help bring our digital product experience and overall customer experience to life. You’ll design and build from the ground floor while enabling an entire customer journey that spans physical and digital. You’ll partner with our Head of Product, engineers, and others across the business (brand, culinary, operations, restaurant design), while leading design efforts end-to-end. You believe design excellence helps drive sustained business impact. This role is based in Denver, as well as open to remote.
Please include your portfolio with your application.
- Lead the design of initiatives end-to-end, across platforms
- Ensure the cohesiveness of the product experience while designing in systems, rather than discrete screens and elements
- Leverage insights from UX research, market research, a/b testing, and analytics to inform design decisions
- Influence product strategy and shape our approach to product development with human-centered design thinking and customer advocacy
- Utilize your full range of product design skills, incl. UX, information architecture, and visual design
- Produce quick sketches, prototypes, and experiments to test ideas
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other partners across the company
- Share work, early and often, giving and receiving feedback
- Communicate design decisions openly and confidently, regardless of audience
- Establish our design culture and practices
- Adept at designing cohesive, end-to-end experiences across devices and platforms (web, iOS, Android)
- Track record of strong collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Proven success of designing brand-new experiences informed by quantitative and qualitative data
- Examples of design solutions that drove material customer and business impact
- Deep UX experience, along with strong visual design and information architecture skills
- Lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping skills
- Experience applying a variety of UX research methodologies
- Experience expressing a brand through the product experience
- Communication skills that inspire and persuade varied audiences
Joylab is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply. Should you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.