At MeasuringU the development team was first created to support our in-house research team and is now expanding with the release of our enterprise-level SaaS product. We are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Developer to take a leading role on our small, very collaborative, team of developers supporting multiple, diverse projects on both the front- and back-end. These projects include: a large web-based platform with multiple custom plugins, Firefox and Google Chrome browser extensions, iOS and Android apps, as well as other small web-based projects (online calculators, reporting dashboards, and an internal project-management system).
The candidate will:
- Work on a growing, fast-paced, agile team in a startup-like environment within a profitable company
- Write high quality, maintainable code, sometimes working independently to engineer, test, and document coding solutions
- Conduct code reviews and mentor junior developers - starting as or growing into a lead role
- Collaborate closely with UX Researchers, designers, other developers, and clients to build new features and expand existing functionality
- Develop new features using test-driven development on both the front- and back-end
- Troubleshoot the cause of bugs and implement solutions when needed
- Continually look for ways to improve or optimize our technology
Who Should Apply?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree; demonstrated progressive experience (3-5 years) in software development, programming, and analysis; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years developing full-stack production applications in a modern JS framework (ideally Vue, otherwise React/ Angular)
- Experience with SQL (Postgres/MySQL) data models and RESTful API development
- Experience with PHP frameworks (Yii or Laravel in particular)
- Proficient in Docker and deploying/maintaining Docker containers
- Strong knowledge of CSS and HTML
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate for all things code-related and desire to not just solve problems, but find the best method to solve each problem with high-quality, well-documented, performant code
- Eager to work on a small team as a self-starter and to learn new tools, languages, and frameworks as needed
- Highly attentive to details and enjoy solving complex problems with a “can-do” attitude.
- A solid communicator and collaborator, with the ability to work and prioritize on multiple projects
- Interested in taking on a lead role on a growing team
- Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD Pipelines
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Server administration and management experience
- Experience with Chrome/Firefox Extensions and iOS/Android App development
- Competitive salary based on experience level/education
- Retirement account with immediately vesting company contribution
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous unlimited vacation policy
- Paid holidays
- Gym membership credit
- Support and resources for learning job-related skills
This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado, as we prefer our developers to come into the office at least once a week for check-ins and collaborative planning discussions. HOWEVER, we are open to full-time remote work with the right candidate.
COVID-19 considerations: We are a small office that is able to social distance and alternate days for in-person work. We have cleaning supplies and ample hand-sanitizer available in the office.
We strongly recommend including a cover letter with what interests you about this position and why you are a good fit.
MeasuringU is a mixed-methods research and software firm based in Denver, Colorado. We offer both quantitative and qualitative support for all stages of customer and user research. Our clients range across all industries and include well-known fortune 500 brands. We have developed a survey platform that enables others to conduct research and surveys in order to gain insights from users.