Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
The IT Solution Architect will drive technology vision and direction across the enterprise, lead teams in designing large scale cross-functional enterprise solutions and provide technical direction and leadership internally to teams and externally working with partners and clients.
This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
1. Lead complex solution design initiatives to satisfy a wide range of business needs for internal business areas and external customers.
2. Design cross platform cloud based and on premise solutions often encompassing diverse technologies and a high degree of integration to provide holistic, end to end solutions.
3. Lead Software Architects in developing and advocating for best practices and standards in the areas of technology and security.
4. Establish and champion technology direction, with focus on adoption of new technologies to meet evolving business needs.
5. Provide technical direction, training, and mentoring to technical team members.
6. Lead architects and engineers in developing and championing best practices and standards across all phases of SECDEVOPS.
7. Provide technical oversight to ensure alignment of the overall technology direction across software delivery, infrastructure, corporate security, and risk management.
8. Keep abreast of advancements and changes in technology and propose adoption strategies on how new technologies can be leveraged to provide business value.
Formal education will be considered as part of the applicant's overall qualifications for the position.
AWS Solution Certifications preferred.
5 plus years of experience working as a software developer with experience across all phases and disciplines the software development lifecycle delivering large scale enterprise software solutions.
3 plus years of experience working in an IT leadership positions such as senior software engineer, software architect or as a project technical lead.
PREFERRED TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
Colorado residents; pay range for this role is $100,000 - $150,000
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.