About the job
Pomp is looking for a Director of Growth Marketing (DGM) to join our Growth team. The DGM will lead the strategic planning and daily execution of acquisition marketing activities, including a team focused on top of funnel customer acquisition (both paid digital media and offline advertising), SEO, referral programs, affiliate, content marketing, email marketing, as well as owning the overall customer treatment from their initial awareness of the Pomp brand, into the considerations funnel, and through to conversion. As the Director of Growth, you will be responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive performance marketing program focused on overall client/user acquisition. You will provide operational and strategic leadership across channel acquisition (FB, IG, paid search, etc.), creative ad direction and strategy, UA testing, media buying, technical site support (GTM, etc.), and strategic direction across BI/reporting.
Apply if: You are an expert at developing paid acquisition programs designed to maximize ROAS, access new audiences, communicate value, and ultimately meet ambitious revenue targets, and you’re a growth allstar that understands how to use complex customer data to inform acquisition. You’ve been a part of a fast-growing consumer or e-commerce business that has gone from zero to millions of MAUs, and you know how to create acquisition loops through SEO, UGC, referral, and paid media.
(Open to remote)
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Support the CEO in meeting customer growth goals, identifying and executing new growth opportunities, and understanding the success and performance levers of the business
- Spearhead the growth by setting strategy, developing KPI accountability, and building a strong culture
- Own the marketing acquisition P&L, set budget, control spend, and allocate spend to drive strong growth
- Develop the marketing and growth strategy, determine next hires, and manage a small team of growth contributors
- Test, test, test. Help create and execute daily/weekly growth experiments across acquisition channels, landing pages, content virality, etc.
- Interact and communicate with various individuals in the organization from individual contributors to board members
- Whatever you’re called upon to do, to help the company grow and evolve its brand voice
- Develop and manage all aspects of Pomp’s performance marketing program, including channel management, audience building, media buying, creative ad direction, testing, and reporting
- Oversee the execution of all PPC campaigns to lower cost, increase click-through, access broader audiences, etc.
- Oversee digital media spending across key acquisition channels such as FB, Instagram, and others
- Oversee future large scale acquisition campaigns across direct mail, podcast advertising, and out of home
- Work closely with contract data science, business intelligence, and web team to align UA strategies and launch programs
- Test, test, test, and identify new opportunities across traffic programs
- Creation of attribution strategies and program to understand channel efficacy
- Work with email marketing and CRM manager to ensure traffic and email channels are aligned and driving toward patient conversion goals
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative environment, supporting and assisting in other areas, as needed
Paid Media Acquisition (Online and Offline)
- Manage digital media spending across key acquisition channels such as FB, Instagram, Pinterest, Outbrain, and others
- Develop remarketing strategies to target potential customers and bring them back to Pomp for conversion
- Oversee large scale acquisition campaigns across direct mail, podcast advertising, and out of home, to name just a few
- Scale Pomp’s organic growth via a strategic content plan (editorial, video, UGC, and other formats)
- Manage in-house SEO strategy to ensure strong organic search traffic growth
- Build SEO focused content growth plan to scale Pomp’s existing content and develop net new content around editorial pieces, video, UGC, and other formats)
- Ensure website SEO performance, staying on top of best practices, identifying new opportunities, working with other stakeholders to ensure the company is making and executing, decisions that help improve SEO performance
- Help educate other team members as to the best practices around SEO
- Oversee goal setting and management, and reporting from key marketing platforms: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, etc.
- Run A/B and multivariate testing of digital creative and assets
- Understand the Pomp customer, execute on customer research, and make quick adjustments
Customer Conversion / Retention
- Work with email marketing leads to ensure effective treatment of customers through list segmentation/automation
- Focus on the ongoing success of Pomp’s customer referral program
- Own the customer journey through the acquisition funnel via email, mobile push, on platform banners, dynamic content, etc.
Key Job Qualifications:
- 6-8 years of experience managing complex performance programs
- A strong professional background in acquisition marketing with a focus on digital and content marketing
- Years of experience working at an online consumer brand, preferably in the ecommerce or marketplace space
- Outstanding individual and team performer with an excellent track record of driving success
- A self-starting attitude: You work independently and effectively, with little oversight or management
- You’re excited about the opportunity to work very hard in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high energy to build something incredible
- Possesses a strong sense of urgency, with the ability to get things done both autonomously and collaboratively
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills, who is comfortable in a hands-on, “roll up your sleeves”, start-up environment
- Understanding of the luxury consumer/beauty industry and startup experience is a plus