Pomp is looking for a Lead Developer to join our development team. The Lead Developer at Pomp is an experienced full stack engineer who enjoys both leading projects and being an individual contributor / technical expert; a person who has experience working within a start-up environment and can execute well with a high degree of individual ownership, but is also adept working as part of a dispersed team.
Come build the future of online skincare discovery and shopping. Pomp is currently the only platform that connects people shopping for skincare with licensed estheticians for virtual skin consultations. Pomp is also the only platform that gives estheticians the ability to connect with their clients in a more impactful way by providing them tooling and resources for communication, product recommendations/sales, and more.
Salary requirements: $120-$160k plus equity, benefits, flexibility working environment, etc.
*Please read on if you meet this criteria: *
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of technical team lead experience
- At least 8 years of experience in Software Engineering
- At least 4 years of experience with Node.js and React
- At least 1 year of experience with Relational databases
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications
- Experience developing cloud native services and using modern build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Docker, etc.
**What you will do:**
- Oversee and execute the product and technical roadmap
- Work closely with the CEO, product owners and development team to discuss strategy and implement development of user interface ideas, applications, and the roadmap.
- Contribute to the web platform, codebase, and developer experience that supports pompbeauty.com and other internal initiatives
- Manage a growing mix of full-time and part-time development team, working with product designers, and new developers as they are onboarded
- Shape and continuously improve software engineering practices at Pomp
- Own the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Monitoring and improving front-end and back-end performance.
- Documenting application changes and developing updates.
A little more about you:
- Previous experience working as a React.js Developer.
- Knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux.
- Experience with user interface design.
- Experience with NodeJS, GraphQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good project management skills.
- A self-starting attitude: You work independently and effectively, with little oversight or management
- You’re excited about the opportunity to work very hard in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high energy to build something incredible
- Possesses a strong sense of urgency, with the ability to get things done both autonomously and collaboratively