Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code. Software has driven a lot of technological innovation, and yet today, only a small fraction of the world can contribute to this progress by writing code. We believe that enabling more people to code will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive better and faster technological progress that benefits everyone.
The problem developers face today is that the amount, complexity, and value of code is increasing quickly, and it is hard to keep up. We call this problem Big Code.
Sourcegraph helps developers at our customers and in open source, find code, understand code, and automate changes to that code at scale in massive codebases.
As a Director of Product, you will report directly to the VP of Product and you will be responsible for multiple key initiatives that directly drive our company wide goals this year:
1. Scale our code search to millions of repositories
2. Build the semantic graph of code
3. Enable developers to automate batch changes in massive codebases
These initiatives will not only help us further grow our enterprise business, but they will also enable us to become the standard tool for searching over and understanding code in the open-source universe.
It’s an exciting time to join because our business is growing rapidly (4x revenue growth last year with zero customer churn) and our $50m Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make these big ambitious bets while being fiscally responsible.
We're looking for an experienced product leader with relevant domain expertise and who shares our values to drive the product strategy and manage the PMs working on search, code intelligence, and batch changes.
1. You have domain knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: search, indexing, information retrieval, relevance.
2. You have led a team of multiple product managers.
3. You have owned the product strategy for multiple complex products.
4. You have experience growing (through both hiring and career development) high quality and diverse teams.
5. Your working hours overlap with 8am-4pm PT for at least 10 hours per week so we have time to collaborate synchronously when necessary.
If you think you might be a great fit for this role, but you are not confident that you meet all these qualifications, please apply anyway! We would be happy to review your application.
We have a fully documented interview process in our handbook: https://about.sourcegraph.com/handbook/product/roles/interviews/director_product
Sourcegraph is the one tool to find and fix things across all your code. Companies of all shapes and sizes use Sourcegraph every day to build software you rely on. Works across any code host, any repo, any language.Code navigation and code exploration improve developer productivity, contextual code intelligence enables better code reviews and onboarding for new hires, and code change campaigns automate large-scale changes. Sourcegraph Universal Code Search lets developers focus on solving problems, not struggle to find code, while managing rapidly changing and complex codebases.