We are one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by all of our global associates across brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
We believe that when you discover the difference between a career and a calling, you get so much more out of life. When those lines begin to blur, you start to limit yourself much less and start aiming for more. That’s what we want for everyone who joins us at VF. And frankly, that’s what it takes to thrive here.
Here you can do the best work of your life. We are purpose led and performance driven, people-focused and supportive. Most importantly, we believe that everyone should be empowered to be their authentic self and we power an internal movement of inclusion and belonging. Our teams are built on a global mindset, sparked by sharp minds of diverse individuals and reflects the global consumers we serve.
Bring your energy and fresh perspective, contribute to our movement and build your future with us.
VF Venture Foundry is an internal incubator that discovers and builds new, industry disruptive businesses in high growth spaces. Venture Foundry associates work in ways that are not “business as usual,” challenging ourselves and each other, using entrepreneurial skills and an experimental mindset to get to the commercial truth about consumer problems, needs and market opportunities. We use ‘startup’ best practices in a test and learn environment, with rapid experimentation to validate assumptions and achieve aggressive targets.
Entrepreneur-in-Residence role provides the rare opportunity to ignite change and disrupt the Apparel & Footwear industry. The role provides all the excitement and freedom of building an early stage startup business, but with the stability and resources of a large organization.
1. Identify, develop and commercialize new business models (NBMs) e.g., marketplaces, platforms, ecosystems and new forms of consumer engagement that deliver against consumer problems / needs within identified opportunity spaces.
2. Co-drive a robust process for discovering and testing new concepts and ideas, create hypotheses, validate assumptions, iterate against new insights and narrow the pipeline of possible solutions to optimal outcomes that serve the biggest addressable problems and markets.
3. Develop business plans that align with products (i.e., NBMs, engagement models), experiences and/or service requirements and includes a timeline of inflection points tied to milestones, success metrics, and investment needs.
4. Utilize best practices and frameworks to meet time and investment-bound project milestones and stage-gates (e.g., Business Model Canvas, Lean Start-up, Agile Methodology, Design Thinking, etc).
5. Collaborate with a freelance network of operational, technology and commercialization resources to translate business requirements into product, experience and/or services that best deliver against consumer needs / problems.
6. Collaborate with VF brand teams, Venture Foundry teams, and corporate enterprise functions to align opportunities and utilize established resources to advance ideas and concepts.
7. Regularly communicate / present updates, perspectives, and recommendations to the Venture Foundry Growth board, VF executive leadership, and external stakeholders should we seek external capital to scale promising ideas.
8. Build and foster relationships with thought leaders, industry experts, subject matter experts, startups, established industry and industry-adjacent businesses, and other stakeholders to advance advantaged and defensible ideas and concepts.
Free To Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Years of Related Professional Experience: X
• 10+ years of experience and overall application in engineering, technology, designing digital ecommerce experiences, innovation, new product development, business strategy or equivalent work experience.
• Ideally, 5+ years starting companies and leading them to scale or purchase. If no direct startup experience, at least 5+ years of building successful products from the ground up.
• Experience in launching an idea internally or externally that requires synthesis of disparate points of view/ insights/data and creating a cohesive narrative, plan and outcome.
• Experience in working directly with consumers and running experiments, in-market testing, and understanding what is required to launch the product.
A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
• Grit, integrity, determination, creativity, commitment, humility, and resilience
• Ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovation
• High comfort operating in ambiguous and unregimented environments
• Highly motivated and action-oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Effective interpersonal, presentation and communication skills across all levels of the organization, including executive levels
• Ability to lay out a clear and compelling vision and successfully execute against the vision
• Ability to be tremendously adaptable and devise a path forward in situations with limited clarity
• Passionate about using technology to address an identified problem
VF Venture Foundry is a new incubator backed by the power of VF. We work with fearlessly curious entrepreneurs and founders hungry to build the future. Our resources, capabilities and tools provide unique advantages to founders eager to ignite change.